Are you looking for ways to improve how you feel, enhance your well-being, and explore your mental potential? Our weekly Positive Psychology group provides a fun, engaging space to build your best self. Each session provides opportunity for conversation, learning and sharing with people who are focused on positive ways to develop their mental health and wellness.
The group pulls its material from evidenced practices in the field of Positive Psychology, and is facilitated by two of our Counsellors. A typical session starts with reflections on the previous week, before moving on to the current week’s topic. Conversation focuses on how we understand the topic and how it has shown up in our lives, before moving to ideas of how to work the concept more mindfully into daily living.
The group is a structured process group. In other words, it’s more like a group therapy than an informal chat. Members can expect a fair amount of organization to the format and conversation, balanced with a lot of fun.
The group has a strong emphasis on kindness, openness, vulnerability, understanding and affirmation. We strive to create an inclusive space where everyone is welcome. This includes comfort with sharing and participation: whether you want to be an observer or active participant, we’ll work with your preference.
The Positive Psychology group is free, held online, and is open to anyone 19+ living in British Columbia. It meets weekly on Tuesdays at 630pm Pacific Time.
To maintain a safe and enjoyable group environment, we have a few rules and norms that we ask all members to abide by. Rules are non-negotiable. Norms are what we ask group members to adhere to, in order to ensure a smooth experience for everyone.
- You must be at least 19 years of age.
- You must be living or based in the province of British Columbia, Canada.
- You must attend fully calm oriented (i.e. not intoxicated or experiencing a mental health crisis).
- Keep it focused. To give everyone time to share, we ask you keep your sharing time focused to the topic on hand. Refrain from storytelling and unrelated topics.
- Keep it positive. We’re here for self-development. Try to maintain a kind and supportive attitude, even if things outside group are tough.
- Keep the focus on yourself. We encourage you to support fellow members, but ask that you refrain from offering advice or suggestions, and from talking about others’ experiences.
Sign up or log in
If you’re interested in joining the group, you can sign up below. If you are already a member, you can sign in to access your member dashboard and the links to upcoming group sessions. Have questions about the group? You can reach out to Casey or David for more information.